Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Hire
Valid from 1 April 2023 – 31 March 2024
All rates are in New Zealand dollars (NZD) and include GST (sales tax).
Motorhome pick-ups and drop-offs are available from any of the Pacific Horizon Client Service Centres, located in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch.
CLIENT SERVICE CENTRE OPERATING HOURS
Daily (including weekends) 9.00am – 4.00pm.
Client Service Centres are closed on Christmas Day (25 December).
Note: Clients must be at the Client Service Centre for vehicle pick-ups & drop-offs before 4.00pm.
Where applicable, agents need to allow appropriate time for clients to get from airports, ferry terminals and hotels to meet this requirement.
Courtesy transfers are available to/from our depots on both the day of pick-up and the day of drop-off, from/to Airports and Airport accommodation.
Client transfers to and from City accommodation: Up to NZ$100 each way up to 6 pax.
These details should be confirmed as early as possible when booking.
- Wellington: Complimentary Airport/Airport accommodation/Ferry Terminals
- Auckland: Complimentary Airport/Airport accommodation
- Christchurch: Complimentary Airport/Airport accommodation
ONE-WAY HIRE FEES
If you drop off your motorhome at a different location from where you picked it up from, a $350 one-way fee applies. This fee can be automatically waived for hires 21 days +.
MOTORHOME PICK UP AND INTRODUCTION
Following completion of the Rental Vehicle Agreement at our depot, including sighting the drivers license(s) for all potential drivers, a member of the Pacific Horizon team will walk you around both the outside and the inside of the motorhome to show and demonstrate how everything works, as well as to answer any questions you may have. This process can take 45-60 minutes so please consider this when booking your itinerary.
A detailed onboard Motorhome Manual is also supplied for your later reference, along with helpful travel information and/or maps – all FREE of charge.
PREMIUM VEHICLE GUARANTEE
Vehicles aged up to 2 years can be guaranteed for an additional NZ$50 per day and subject to availability. We recommend requesting your Premium model at the time of booking.
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT/SERVICE AVAILABLE FOR HIRE
The following additional equipment items are available for hire, and must be confirmed at the time of booking. Late requests will be subject to availability.
- Picnic table $30 per hire
- Picnic chair $15 per hire
- Baby/Child Car seat $50 per hire
- Snow chains $50 per hire
- Bike rack $150 per hire
- WiFi $5 per day ($50 minimum, Applies to Wifi capable vehicles only)
- Additional linen set $40 per set (towel, sheet, pillow case, duvet cover)
- Client transfer City accommodation transfer up to 6 pax up to $100 each way
- Premium vehicle guarantee (approx. 2 years) $50 per day
VEHICLE INSURANCE COVER
All Pacific Horizon motorhomes come with comprehensive Insurance cover which insures against recoverable 3rd party accident damage, theft and break-ins (excluding personal belongings.
An excess of $5,000 (per incident) applies in the event of any damage to the Pacific Horizon motorhome and to 3rd party property.
Windscreen and tyre damage is covered in all policies, as is overhead and under-body damage on the rented motorhome. A credit card imprint only (no money held or transferred) will be taken on motorhome pick-up. The amount will NOT be debited to your account and will only be done so in case of an accident.
We retain the right to hold these details for 30 days after the hire.
Pacific Horizon Travel Homes offer the following options to reduce the excess of $5,000:
- Excess Reduction Level 1: $35 per day (added to the daily hire rate)
Reduces the excess for any accident collision damage to the motorhome and third party property to a maximum of $2,000 (per incident). The total insurance charge is limited to a maximum of 40 days or $1,400.
- Excess Reduction Level 2: $50 per day (added to the daily hire rate)
Reduces the excess for any accident collision damage to the motorhome and third party property to nil ($0) for the first incident/accident. The total insurance charge is limited to a maximum of 40 days or $2,000.
- All Inclusive Package: $65 per day (added to the daily hire rate)
Reduces the excess for any accident collision damage to the motorhome and third party property to nil ($0) for the first incident/accident. Plus, the following Additional Equipment is supplied at no charge as requested: Picnic table & chairs, Child/Booster seat(s) as required, Snow chains as required, extra linen as required, NZSIM Card and a complimentary client transfer service at the start and end of the hire. The total package charge is limited to a maximum of 40 days or $2,600.
EXCLUSIONS TO ALL INSURANCE COVER OPTIONS
Any damage due to misuse or negligence to the motorhome interior and its fittings such as but not limited to roof vents, windows, satellite dishes, locks and catches, outside step, grey waste cap and power cord and any special equipment related to the motorhome is excluded from any insurance option.
VEHICLE SECURITY GUARANTEE
A credit card imprint is required on all rental agreements. The credit card must be valid for 30 days after the end of the hire. In the absence of a credit card, Pacific Horizon requires a cash vehicle security bond of $5,000 ($2,000 if Excess Reduction Level 1 is taken, or $250 if Excess Reduction Level 2 is taken). This credit card imprint or cash will be held for 28 days after the return of the motorhome.
NOTE: The hirer is fully liable for any damage to the Pacific Horizon motorhome or third party property if:
- The terms of the rental contract are breached.
- Damage to the motorhome is caused by careless, wilful or reckless driving or breach of any New Zealand driving rules and regulations.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Driving on restricted roads (as listed below).
- Water submersion or salt water damage caused through the hirer’s fault.
- Incorrect fuel is used.
MINIMUM RENTAL DURATION AND COSTING
The minimum rental period and cost is a 7-day hire. This is extended to a 14 day hire for the travel period of 01 December to 28 February.
Shorter rentals may be accepted entirely at the discretion of Pacific Horizon, but the minimum rental cost applies.
Motorhome rentals are calculated on a per calendar day basis, i.e. day of pick-up and drop-off is always counted as a full day irrespective of what time the motorhome is collected or dropped off.
Daily hire rates are automatically reduced for motorhome hires of 21 days or more.
- 3% off for hires of 21-28 days
- 5% off for hires of 29-39 days
- 10% off for hires of 40+ days
DRIVER’S LICENCE AND MINIMUM AGE
A valid full national driver’s licence held for at least 12 months is required. Non-English language national drivers’ licences must be presented in conjunction with an official translation, or a valid international driver’s licence must be shown.
The minimum age to drive a Pacific Horizon motorhome is 21 years.
- Roads: Pacific Horizon motorhomes can be driven on any sealed/bitumen or well-formed gravel roads.
No vehicle is to be driven on the following roads:
- 90 Mile Beach, Northland
- Colville Township to Port Jackson, Coromandel
- Ball Hut Road, Mt Cook
- Skippers Canyon Road, Queenstown
- Animals: No animals are permitted in Pacific Horizon motorhomes, with the exception of guide dogs, subject to the approval of Pacific Horizon.
- Smoking: No smoking is permitted in any Pacific Horizon motorhome.
Minor repairs (when the hirer is not at fault) up to $100 may be made without authorisation and will be reimbursed upon production of an itemised receipt. Amounts above $100 require approval from Pacific Horizon On-Road Care, and clients must retain an itemised receipt.
All Pacific Horizon motorhomes must be returned with:
- A full fuel tank of diesel, that has been filled up within 3 kms of the drop-off location. Refuelling at our Client Service Centre will be charged at current rates per ¼ tank plus an administration fee.
- An emptied toilet cassette and an emptied grey waste water tank.
Charges will apply if the motorhome is dropped off at a location other than that which was agreed upon.
PAYMENT TERMS AND CANCELLATION FEES
A non-refundable deposit equal to 10% of the total cost of hire (with a minimum deposit of $250 and a maximum deposit of $1,000) is required to confirm a booking. The balance of hire is due 28 days before motorhome pick-up, unless otherwise arranged.
Cancellation fees, charged as of the date of cancellation, are as follows:
- If cancelled 26 days or more prior to motorhome pick up: 10% (non refundable deposit)
- If cancelled 25 – 8 days prior to motorhome pick up: 20% net price charged
- If cancelled 7– 1 day prior to motorhome pick up: 50% net price charged
- No show or cancelled on the day of motorhome pick up: 100% net price charged
If a motorhome is returned early for any reason whatsoever, no refund is available.
AMENDMENT OF HIRES
Once a booking is confirmed, any changes made will attract a NZ$50 amendment fee. Any changes made that shorten the hire will not be entitled to a refund.
Changes to dates and/or locations may attract a relocation fee.
SUBSTITUTION OF VEHICLE
If, for reasons beyond our control, the reserved motorhome is not available, Pacific Horizon reserves the right to substitute a comparable or superior motorhome at no extra cost to the client. This shall not constitute a breach of contract and does not entitle the renter to any form of refund.
CREDIT CARD FEES
We accept Visa or MasterCard, with a 3% fee applying for the rental and any additional equipment hired if payment is made with either of these credit cards.
TAXES AND GOVERNMENT CHARGES
All charges include 15% GST.
All rates and conditions are subject to change in accordance with changes in government taxes.
If Pacific Horizon is prevented from or delayed in or fail in complying with an obligation by an event beyond its reasonable control (including but not limited to telecommunication, internet or power failure or steady supply of same, war, act of terrorism, national emergency, inclement weather, flood, fire, earthquake, cyclone, natural catastrophe, import or export embargo, boycott, power failure, shortage of materials or transportation, change to legislation, regulation, code or by-law, breakdown or destruction of plant and equipment, strike or lockout), the client releases Pacific Horizon and its related entities and agents, and waives all of its rights to commence proceedings or take any other action against Pacific Horizon, its related entities and/or its agents, arising out of any claims, actions, demands, proceedings and/or liabilities which the Suppliers may have or claim to have arising from any such prevention, delay or failure by Pacific Horizon, its related entities and/or agents to perform its obligations under this Contract.
Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed the following Privacy principles in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and store personal information.
- We collect information from you when you interact with our website, our booking process and/or when you input any details as part of using the Services we provide.
- Before, or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which that information is being collected.
- We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it is collected.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information is accurate, complete and up to date.
- You have the right to request access to and correction of any personal information that we hold about you.
- You have the right to request that we delete your personal information.
- We will take reasonable security safeguards to protect your personal information against loss, theft, or any unauthorised access, disclosure, use or modification.
- We reserve the right to disclose personal information to the Police or other agencies for the purpose of law enforcement or the investigation of a crime, if we consider it is in the public interest to do so.
Rates and conditions may be subject to change. Whilst including the same facilities, some motorhomes may have different layouts to those shown. All measurements and volumes shown are approximate. The information provided on the website is subject to change without notice.